(Last Updated On: March 24, 2023)
When You find yourself in a car lockout situation, it is probably frustrating. So before you are calling a car locksmith to help you to unlock your car, there are 5 tips for you!
- Try to remember if you have a spear key, and if you have you should go and get it. That way you can save some money for a locksmith service. If you don’t have a spare key- call a locksmith and make sure you are doing a key copy for next time it happened! most of locksmiths in Miami are offering a lockout services and car key copy on the spot.
- Unlock your car with a clothes wire hanger. A wire hanger can unlock your car door via its power lock/unlock button. Straighten out your hanger, insert it into the door frame’s seal, just above the unlock button, and gently fiddle with it until the metal hanger slides in. Guide it to the unlock button.
- Using a rod and screwdriver. Another cheaper method to unlock the car door is by using a long rod and a screwdriver. Place the screwdriver in the door slit and use it as a wedge to make a small gap between the car frame and the door. As a gap is made, slide the rod into the gap and move the rod toward the unlock button. Using the rod, click the unlock button and unlock the car. In less than 30 seconds, you solved your car lockout situation!
- Using cellphones. You can unlock your car without breaking the car window, thanks to the growing number of car apps for your smartphone. Apps for Apple and Android allow many modern cars to be operated without using physical keys. The programs transform mobile devices into a second set of automobile keys, allowing remote locking, unlocking, and starting. Pairing your car key with the app before becoming locked out is crucial. You should download the manufacturer’s app if you own a newer model from Hyundai, GM/Chevrolet, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Ford, or Honda.
- Call the police. Officers, manning a slim jim, used to provide assistance with car lockout. However, some police officers today can not help you if your vehicle is a newer model. If your situation is particularly dire, contacting the authorities is a good idea. Unless you’ve locked a baby or animal inside a hot car and need assistance ASAP. We suggest calling a non-emergency line rather than dialing 9-1-1
We hope those 5 tips helped you with your car lockout situation. and if you have lost your key and you need to make a new key , we recommend you to call a professional car locksmith that can unlock a car and make a new car key for your vehicle. most locksmith in Miami offer a car key replacement and a car lockout services 24 hour.
698 reviews on
Andres Velasco y Coll
Shlomy was here and really helped with the front door, now it works great! Thank you again!
Brainseed Testing - Poughkeepsie
Great work. Shlomy did a fantastic job!! Great service!
Fast and excellent service. Highly recommend. Maria was super nice, friendly and efficient.
Maria’s amazing! Great service. Quick and efficient.
Shlomy halp me to unlock my door very professional and kind iwill defandly rac recommended
me atendió maria, muy rápido y recomendable
Sarah Jane Kurimsky
Best neighborhood locksmith! Fast and friendly customer service, Maria is amazing!
Shlomy is the absolute best! I have keyless Fingerprint door locks that are impossible! He got them both off and replaced them with new locks. He was quick and efficient. 10/10 recommend.
David was great. Very fast and efficient